Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Major Tom Should've Packed Cheese

.
I heard David Bowie's Space Oddity the other day and couldn't help but feel sorry for poor old Major Tom.

The line I was thinking about in particular was:
"Take your protein pills and put your helmet on"
Protein pill? That protein pill was probably huge and terribly hard to swallow for Major Tom. And the worst part would be he'd half to drink Tang to try and swallow it and Tang just tastes awful. There has to be a better way.

Maybe if Bowie had written it as"
"Scramble some eggs and put your cheddar on"

I came across an interesting dairy fact today. It turns out that one ounce of cheese has more protein than one egg; seven or eight grams for cheddar cheese versus six grams in an egg. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on eggs here. I'll take my eggs scrambled with cheese, please.

Cheesy Egg Scrambler (Photo from Nat'l Dairy Council)

I think Major Tom would have been a lot happier if he could have eaten a protein packed Cheesy Egg Scrambler. Cheese and eggs sound so much better than a pill to me.

The recipe for this tasty looking dish is one of the many recipes you can find at The National Dairy Council to celebrate June Dairy Month.


Here's Bowie singing the song (his way!).

No comments:

Post a Comment