Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Donut Drive Through On The Farm

Time To Fetch The Cows

By four a.m. each morning I am driving out to the pasture making sure all the cows have come in to be milked. Yes, I did say four a.m.!

Today I was thinking as I drove the tractor down the lane that what I, we, really need is a drive through Dunkin' Donuts at the end of the lane.

Dunkin Donuts shop


Time To Make The Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts - Sunday Morning Coffee RunIt would be nice to grab one of those chocolate coffees and a cream filled donuts, the white kind and not the yellow or the chocolate cream is a dream. Yes, there is a recurring theme of chocolate in my life. Life I think would be perfect. Getting up in the morning would be a joy.

Of course, there could be downsides. I can imagine a long line of cows waiting to get their caffeine fix before being milked. I'd have to hurry them up and then without their mochas and frappes they might get irritable. Then what if the field man from our dairy cooperative came to see us because of high concentrations of caffeine in the milk supply. Could we be fined for that?

 Or maybe.... this could be a new market for milk sort of like that cool, new Fairlife milk. We could market caffeinated milk with all the health benefits of milk and without the chance of darkening your teeth like coffee can.

Addictions

Then there would be my new habit of getting a coffee and donut everyday. Every morning I'd have to get my fix and leave the nice barista/donut-baker a tip. After a while I'd have to have it. My wife might want to know where our money's going. Then there's the problem with the daily donuts and fat, cholesterol, and obesity. 

After careful consideration I think not having a Dunkin' Donuts on the farm is okay, and so is the occasional trip to town.


Dunkin' Donuts photo: By Anthony92931 (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Donuts photo by Qfamily


No comments:

Post a Comment