Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Conversing With Famers

Whenever I am in need of an icebreaker to start a conversation around some new people I tell them that I am a farmer. This usually elicits many questions on the weather, crops, and animals. I think there are many people who are genuinely interested in how their food and fiber makes its way from the farm to them.

Starting a dialogue just as I've described is exactly what the U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance are trying to enable. They recently gathered a diverse group of farmers, including my friend David Foster, and consumers to meet over breakfast. What could be a better time to talk to farmers than with food?

You can read about this breakfast on the blog Eating Bender: A Conversation with Farmers and Ranchers. Jenn writes about her experience meeting the folks that are out there in the world of agriculture.

No comments:

Post a Comment