Friday, August 26, 2011

Silo Daydreaming...

After a few hiccups getting started (sudden wagon wheel spindle breaking in particular) we've gotten a bit of corn chopped.  My job is driving the silage wagons to and from the fields and unloading them at the silo.  Part of that time I spend looking up.

farm silo

As crazy as it sounds, as a child I daydreamed about living in a silo.  Totally impractical, I know.  I thought it would be neat to have all those rooms going up, but I never could decide on an elevator or a spiral staircase.

My kids might enjoy the idea of living in a silo just so they could really really pretend they were playing Rapunzel.  But I don't think my better half would ever go for that.  Besides, the cows are pretty fond of how we use the silos now so I suppose we'll just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment